How To Make Dog-Friendly Sweet Potato Pups (Full Recipe)
Hey Pup Peeps,
If you enjoyed my Cooking With Kilo video, I’ve added a step by step guide to making the Sweet Potato Pups below. Make sure you have your own grown-up “handy” helper for using a knife or oven.
This recipe is part of our DOG LICKS series from our sister site Talent Hounds. All our DOG LICKS recipes are DIY, dog-friendly and look like dogs. I get to test them all and kids can eat them too. I like my potatoes sweet so enjoy our vegan sweet potato pups, perfect for doggy or doggy-themed birthday parties or kids parties and snacks.
We used blueberries as the eyes and nose, but your dog’s favourite kibble will also work (and I prefer it to be honest)!
What You Need:
- 1 whole Sweet potato
- Spinach (or Basil)
- Red pepper
- Peanut Butter
How To Make Them
Preparation *Adult Help Required*
Preheat oven to 375F
- Place sweet potato on a baking tray and bake for 1 hour until soft inside but just firm enough to cut through.
- Add in Spinach or Basil leaves for a few minutes at the end if you want them cooked.
Putting It Together
Let sweet potato cool before decorating.
- Cut sweet potato into slices.
- Using a shot glass or knife cut out a smaller circle of sweet potato for the muzzle.
- Place larger sweet potato slice as the face.
- Using a dab of peanut butter attach the muzzle.
- Cut the spinach leaves in half and attach as ears.
- Place the blueberries (or kibble) as eyes and nose.
- Add red pepper for tongue and collar.
Hope you like these yummy pups as much as I do.
Disclaimer: Please note that my human helper and I are just having fun with these Dog Licks Recipes, making food that looks like cute pups and that my humans and I can enjoy. I am not an expert, a chef, a vet or a nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own expert when trying new foods, and also to ensure that diets are balanced and appropriate and include all of the nutrients that are necessary for good health.