How To Make Adorable Labrador Retriever Cookies
Do You Love Labrador Retrievers?
Labs have beautiful faces, soft fur and big kind eyes that have made them a popular choice for families pets. They are known for being very friendly, playful, intelligent, gentle, easy to train, loyal, and dedicated. This dog will bring a smile to your face no matter what you’re feeling.
Did you know Labrador Retrievers have jobs just like people do? Each day they go to work helping people as service and therapy dogs. They truly are amazing best friends.
How To Make Labrador Retriever Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups of flour (I used plain white but have also tried rice and whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of cooked pumpkin (I used unsweetened 100% natural canned this time for convenience but usually bake my own) other options include bananas, parsley, etc
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, honey, or sugar
- 1 egg
- Peanut Butter
- Cream Cheese and Yogurt Icing (1/3 cup of each and 1/3 cup of sugar combined)
- Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, water and the egg in a bowl. Combine.
- Add the pumpkin and peanut butter and stir until you have a firm dough. You may need to use your hands to knead it into a circle.
- Lightly flour your surface, roll out the dough.
- Cut out puppy shapes with cookie cutter.
Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes before decorating.
- Cover cookie with peanut butter or yogurt icing.
- Use chocolate frosting to add eye, nose and collar detail.